- The university-wide HKU Mentorship was established, the first of its kind in Hong Kong, designed to give a unique learning experience for undergraduate students.
- Through one-on-one relationships, students have a privileged opportunity to learn from distinguished alumni and members of the community, be inspired and challenged, and build far-reaching and multicultural networks.
- 187 pairs of mentor and mentees matched.
- HKU Mentorship extended to include Outbound Exchange Students.
- Alumni in exchange students’ host countries are invited to be Overseas Mentors to support mentees in adapting to the local culture.
- Overseas HKU Alumni Associations have an irreplaceable role in the process, that of inviting mentors and mentor-mentee matching.
- Full Year Inbound Exchange Students can apply for a local mentor to gain a good understanding of the Hong Kong community.
- Selected Global Buddies, Inbound Exchange Students who have finished their studies at HKU, are invited to be Overseas Mentors in their home countries.
- The latest countries with Overseas Mentors include Denmark, Finland, Korea, Norway, Spain, Sweden and Turkey.
- 500+ pairs of mentors and mentees are matched in Hong Kong and globally every year.
Merriam Webster’s Collegiate Dictionary, 1993